My weight has yo-yo’ed quite significantly throughout the years. My work which for the most part consists of my sitting in front of the computer hashing out blog posts and social media updates or, going to events usually stocked with champagne, sugar-laden drinks and pastries have made weight gain a very real problem for me. And it hits its zenith a few months ago here:
I’m about 20 lbs heavier here.
Before/After withing a span of 3 months.
When my holiday to St.Barths, was confirmed (and so there needs to be photos of me in relatively revealing clothes soon) I decided to take some serious action. I knew my usual ‘starve till you reach your goal weight’ and then pig-out routine is not going to cut it anymore. I needed a new game plan. I had worked with nutritionists, spent a small fortune on pressed juices but I needed to take it up a notch.
This is what I did differently this time round:
1. I assessed my eating habits brutally.
I know I have no self-control whatsoever when it comes to dessert, ice-cream and cookies. Freeze those cupcakes for a later day you say? I’ve eaten them frozen.
So I’ve banned these trigger items from my house completely. We have a jar of Nutella that my boyfriend actually hides from me. If I want it, I’ll have to ask him for it. Which brings me to the next action plan.
2. Don’t shop when hungry, in fact shop when you’re full.
This really is one of the best advice I’ve gotten when it comes to shopping. Grocery shopping while i’m fully satiated it really curbs down impulse purchases. It even works while shopping for clothes. ( No impulse purchases for sugar-floss pink skirts and mint-green sweaters.)
3. Get your exercise when you can.
I have a pair of hand weights in my office and I’ll do reps when I’m watching some youtube video or when I’m in a conference call. Likewise, I go out and incorporate some walks whenever I need to run errands.
4. For those who are productivity-driven , you can use the treadmill while listening to webinars and audio books. Kill 2 birds with one stone or so they say.
5. And finally, I was introduced to YouthH2o which is now my ‘secret weight management weapon’. One of the reasons I over-ate was because when I was tired in the afternoons. I’d reach out to a candy bar or a sandwich. Now I just grab a bottle of youthH2O. I also drink some pre-workout when I really want to boost the intensity level of my workouts. ( Walking on a treadmill for 60 minutes with ankle weights and a 30% incline?) No problem.
(And if you’re wondering, i was not paid nor sponsored to write this post.It really works for me and now I’m a loyal fan.)
You can try out YouthH2O by ordering on Amazon, The Vitamin Shoppe or GMC.
Tadaaa! Like my swimsuit? The style post is coming up soon.
And if you want to know more about youthH2O and their many other benefits , check out their info page here.